Friday, November 16, 2012

Jacob Hallenberger's, "Increasing NASA's Budget."

The post by Jacob Hallenberger, "Increasing NASA's budget," is very well written and organized. Although I do not agree with the statements in this article, I think that Jacob did a great job in trying to educate people on his opinion with interesting and valid facts. Pointing out that the United States is in a space race with all the other countries of the world is good because America always wants to be the leader. The fact that NASA's funding has reached the lowest amount of money since the creation of the administration is very eye opening and persuading. 

I think that the United States is spending way to much money while we don't have any money to spend. Space exploration is cool and all, but I don't think it is that much of an importance to have. Most of my opinion is based on religious beliefs, that is why i am persuaded in the opposite direction. If the world were to have a catastrophic event that wouldn't permit us to live here anymore then I believe it is our time to die and maybe some other life form will take over the universe.

1 comment:

  1. I find the commentary on “Increasing NASA’s Budget” by Chelse Martin interesting because it brings up space exploration, a topic I rarely see in headlines anymore. I agree with this commentary, but for different reasons. I too have strong religious beliefs, but I don’t see a catastrophic event as the only reason to invest in space exploration. I too believe the country is spending too much money on things that shouldn’t be a top priority. While space exploration is important and we should work to be a leader in it, desperate times call for desperate measures, and I do believe NASA’s funding should be decreased, as it has. I wish this commentary had a bit more information on the original authors facts and claims to better understand his point of view but all in all I think the commentary was well written and to the point.

    ReplyDelete